Posted By:On September 17, 2010
Cooking-Time: 0hrs 0 mins
- YOU WILL NEED
- 100 grams Anchovy Fillets in Oil. drained and patted dry
- 200 grams unsalted butter softened
- 1 handful Fresh Parsley. Finely Chopped
- 1 handful Fresh Tarragon. Finely Chopped
- ¼ teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Place the anchovy fillets and soft butter in a food processor.Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides of the container with a spatula once or twice.Season to taste with black pepper and stir in the herbs.Spoon the butter in a long sausage shape on a large piece of cling film, then roll in the film until smooth. Wrap tightly and chill.Serve and Enjoy!
- Anchovy Butter is one of many widespread variations on Maître d'Hôtel Butter or "compound butter," wherein some kind of flavouring or seasoning ingredient is included into to the butter. Classically, compound butters are rolled into cylinders and chilled or even frozen, and then sliced into pats of butter and served on steaks, fish, or vegetables.