My Muslim Friends Book - helps you connect and share with over 500,000+ Muslims in over 175 Countries.

what is Role Playing Game?

According to the Oxford English Dictionary, a role-playing game (abbreviated RPG) is ``a game in which players take on the roles of imaginary characters, usually in a setting created by a referee, and thereby vicariously experience the imagined adventures of these characters.''

Of course, this begs the question of what it means to "take on the role" of an imaginary character. In many games you have a character which is really a token without personality. For example, in the boardgame Clue ™ your token is a suspect in a murder mystery. In a video game, your token might be a fighter pilot.

In my opinion, the difference between a token and a role-played character is this: Hypothetically, a person watching the game looks over your shoulder and suggests a move, and your reply is "No, my character wouldn't do that." If this happens, or is capable of happening, then at some level you are playing a role-playing game. This simple distinction puts a world of difference between RPGs and other games.

Hope you understand what is RPG Smile
nice explanation
i like simple game...