My Muslim Friends Book - helps you connect and share with over 500,000+ Muslims in over 175 Countries.

mfb should involve venture capitalists

Looks like MFBs growth is limited due to non availability of big budget like facebook.

To grow and expand MFB should look towards investment as MFB Teams personal funding could run it as it is, but to grow and expand it MUST INVOLVE venture capitalists.

Therefore in my view MFB should involve Venture Capitalists. Do you guys agree? 

Discovering Destiny

Temporary measures taken by the MFB is correct. to raise funds from its members scattered throughout the world.

However this is not as easy as imagined, as most users of social media is a student with limited money.

MFB already 3 years old and with no ads in it. is really its own power within MFB. but do not deny the existence of venture capital is needed.

Ads are still attached of course make more money for the MFB, but can be enjoyed if there is unity of its members to simply, click on any ads in MFB, without the need to go deeper and be involved in the ad. we still use the MFB and use advertising as a springboard to raise funds.

Some of the factors that influence Venture Capitalist (VC) decisions include :
- Business situation: Some VCs tend to invest in new ideas, or fledgling companies. Others prefer investing in established companies that need support to go public or grow.
- Some invest solely in certain industries.
- Some prefer operating locally while others will operate nationwide or even globally.
- VC expectations often vary. Some may want a quicker public sale of the company or expect fast growth. The amount of help a VC provides can vary from one firm to the next.

There are entrepreneurs and many other people who come up with bright ideas but lack the capital for the investment. What these venture capitals do are to facilitate and enable the start up phase.

When there is an owner relation between the venture capital providers and receivers, their mutual interest for returns will increase the firms motivation to increase profits.

Venture capitalists have invested in similar firms and projects before and, therefore, have more knowledge and experience. This knowledge and experience are the outcomes of the experiments through the successes and failures from previous ventures, so they know what works and what does not, and how it works. Therefore, through venture capital involvement, a portfolio firm can initiate growth, identify problems, and find recipes to overcome them.

India is fast catching up with the West in the field of venture capital and a number of venture capital funds have a presence in the country (IVCA). In 2006, the total amount of private equity and venture capital in India reached $7.5 billion across 299 deals. In the Indian context, venture capital consists of investing in equity, quasi-equity, or conditional loans in order to promote unlisted, high-risk, or high-tech firms driven by technically or professionally qualified entrepreneurs. It is also defined as "providing seed", "start-up and first-stage financing". It is also seen as financing companies that have demonstrated extraordinary business potential. Venture capital refers to capital investment; equity and debt ;both of which carry indubitable risk. The risk anticipated is very high. The venture capital industry follows the concept of “high risk, high return”, innovative entrepreneurship, knowledge-based ideas and human capital intensive enterprises have taken the front seat as venture capitalists invest in risky finance to encourage innovation.

China is also starting to develop a venture capital industry (CVCA).

Vietnam is experiencing its first foreign venture capitals, including IDG Venture Vietnam ($100 million) and DFJ Vinacapital ($35 million)

What about MFB's Venture Capital?

I Will Not Go Down, selama apa yang Saya perjuangkan adalah Benar. Smile

Assalam o Alikum

Venture Capitalist

Definition:

A venture capitalist is a person who invests in a business venture, providing capital for start-up or expansion. Venture capitalists are looking for a higher rate of return than would be given by more traditional investments.

Generally, venture capitalists are looking for returns of 25 percent and up.

What's the difference between a venture capitalist and an angel investor?

A venture capitalist is a professional investor. He or she manages a fund and is looking for suitable investments for that fund. An angel investor is an individual who, while also looking for a suitable investment, is also looking for a personal opportunity.

In other words, the venture capitalist may have no business experience applicable to the industry your company is involved in, and is focused on the potential rate of return your company can provide. An angel investor often has business experience relevant to your company and is interested in adding value to your company, as well as making a return on his or her investment.

By Susan Ward, About.com Guide

السلام عليكم

Assalam o Alikum

Saudi Arabian Prince Al Waleed Bin Talal Favored Twitter Over Facebook In Terms Of Growth Prospects

David Cohen on December 17, 2012 11:14 AM

Facebook’s initial public offering did not get royal approval from Saudi Arabian Prince Al Waleed bin Talal, founder and chairman of Kingdom Holding, as The Telegraph reported that the prince told Arabian Business magazine he was more confident in Twitter in terms of growth.

According to The Telegraph, Prince Al Waleed bin Talal toldArabian Business:

We did monitor the company very well, but we felt uncomfortable with the pricing. (Facebook) was priced at an extremely high side at $38. When we invest in a company, we like to get good returns for our shareholders. At the price of the IPO, I can tell you that we did not see good returns.

The Telegraph added that Kingdom Holding acquired a $300 million stake in Twitter last December, or almost 4 percent of equity in the company, and Prince Al Waleed bin Talal told Arabian Businessof that investment:

We entered at the right time. We will get our return on investment. We entered Twitter when it was a growth company.

The prince’s total wealth rose to $25.9 billion over the past 12 months, keeping him atop the list of richest men in the Middle East for the ninth consecutive year, according to The Telegraph, so his opinion is not one that should be taken lightly.

I do not know whether to put this? but this is just one example of the news ...

http://allfacebook.com/saudi-arabian-prince-al-wal...

السلام عليكم

Assalam o Alikum Fajar and Safinka,

Thank you for making me understand the concept of Venture Capitalist.

Lets see whether MFB *** stration go with the Venture Capital option or not?

I suggest they should move forward with it as they have sustained for 3 years but with a limited growth. They should give a big spike to their growth now.

Thats my two cents!

Discovering Destiny

Yes MFBs growth is restricted due to non availability of funds. But I think the solution is not the venture capitalist only because involving venture capitalist is a big risk as well. Instead of involving an investor if MFB’s members support MFB with seriousness, it will start growing further.

If we look around us we see almost every person giving charity or donations. If we have a closer look we will experience that even a person from a middle class give charity and donations of small amounts.

Now the need of the hour is that MFB has a over half a million international members and I can bet they all give donations and charity and support people around them in their local areas. IF IF IF they all promise and get committed to give their donations and charity to “MFB ONLY” to support their own MFB on regular bases the problem will be resolved.

Now imagine if all the members only donate Rs 1, this will become half a million rupees. This is the power of unity. When we Muslims are united on the cause of “Namoos-e-Risalat” (SAWW) then I don’t know that why we are not ready to spend to promote the ONLY ONLY and ONLY platform in the world which is formed in the support of this cause and which is still supporting this cause on its own when it is a duty of all of us.

This is very crystal clear that to support MFB is to support the cause “Namoos-e-Risalat” (saww). This is a moment of grief to think that when we have got everything within, MFB is just looking for venture capitalists.

I ask a question to the world “Is there any Good Social Network in the world which can guarantee you that there will be no blasphemous activity on it????????????????????”

The answer is LOUD and CLEAR “NO NO NO”. Then why don’t we bother donating our 1 rupee to our MFB.

Come lets join hands and donate our only 1 rupee to our MFB. Believe me MFB is a gem, supporting it is supporting ourselves. It is an asset for our coming generations, let help it grow. Go and hit donate button and write your name in the golden success journey of your own MFB.

Very important question on how we can get MyMFB to the next level inshAllah