My Muslim Friends Book - helps you connect and share with over 500,000+ Muslims in over 175 Countries.

why a christian man cannot marry a christian woman?

I have had series of discussions with muslim scholars and also non muslims in the subject stated above. I have been dating a muslim girl for sometime now and we love eachother to the extent that we have decided to spend teh rest of our lives together. The problem now is that her father refused to give his blessings. I knwo thsi is ridiculous even when i decided to convert to been a muslim. I need suggestions as to how this can be resolved. 

U must convert to Islam

in islam, it clearly state that a muslim woman can't marry non-muslim man. in fact, threre is no other way to be able both of you got married unless you are converting to islam..however, it does not mean that you are forcing to convert into islam. convert to islam with sincere heart not because of the sake of marriage. you may ask other muslim scholar at your place also to get better understanding...

aku,kamu dan dia adalah sama. Di bawah lembayung langit yang serupa, berpijak di bumi yang serupa..yang membezakan kita adalah ketakwaan kepada ILAHI...

Mr patrick , it has only  one sulution to convert to Islam and to become Muslim to marry a muslim girl, not only toget marry , but , sincerely  and practically , for  your lifetime, but yet you consult the reknowned muslim religious scholars ,

thank yiou,

Shahid Malik

it should not be ridiculous if u have decided to revert to Islam...in that case u would be able to marry that girl too.

Hi Patrick,

I know how you feel and I understand this is a tough time for the both of you. I ask that you not take this negatively as this is a requirement of Islam. I am not qualified enough to speak detail as to why, in particular, converting to Islam is necessary for your marriage but I can tell you that if you convert, if you have good intentions to take care of this girl and follow Islamic practices, then you have God's blessing. That's all that matters Smile Best of luck to you and welcome to Islam, in advance Smile

Dina Horani

I'm going to give it to you straight. You're unlikely to get straight talk around here. Everyone will tell you their own cheap version but here's the thing. I'll try to break it down for you real simple.

1. Don't become Muslim just because you love a Muslim girl and her father won't give a non Muslim her hand... Do become a Muslim if you're truly inspired by Islam.

2. Islam is all about doing good in this world and not hurting others. If you are that and you believe in one true God, you're just as Muslim as all the others who happen to be born in Muslim families and yet do everything against the teachings on Islam, actually you're better.

3. Grow a set of balls. If you're considering  marriage, I assume you're a grown man so you should learn to act like one. If you both are convinced you're right for each other, then get married, if the father doesn't want to give his blessings, it's too bad for him. Don't try to hurt him on purpose, stay open hearted and hope for him to come around but your marriage is your mutual decision. If she can't agree to being independent then consider the circumstances a blessing for yourself... It means she doesn't love you enough to take a stand.

Lastly, not everything goes as you wish. Move on, you'll get over it, I promise.

Good luck.

I have had series of discussions with muslim scholars and also non muslims in the subject stated above. I have been dating a muslim girl for sometime now and we love eachother to the extent that we have decided to spend teh rest of our lives together. The problem now is that her father refused to give his blessings. I knwo thsi is ridiculous even when i decided to convert to been a muslim. I need suggestions as to how this can be resolved. 

Last update on November 3, 10:41 am by Fun Tastick.

You can't marry a Muslim as a non Muslim because then the kids will be raised non muslim and islam will be lost with your marriage. We want our community to grow and become stronger so we only marry Muslims